Hunger Games will have you craving more

“The Hunger Games” by Suzanne Collins is entrancing. Based on the futuristic society in North America called Panem, this story is about the 12 districts that are ruled by the blood thirsty capitol. A hundred years ago World War III left the nation in ruin. To keep the country from ever dreaming of rebellion again, the capitol came up with the Hunger Games, an annual gruesome fight to the death amongst 24 kids between the ages of 12 and 18. Each year the Capitol makes the districts choose one girl and one boy to enter the arena as a contender in the Hunger Games.  This year district 12’s tributes are Katniss Everdeen, the fearless survivor who has grown up taking care of her little sister and lost mother after her father’s death in a mining accident, and Peeta Mellark, the sweet,  popular and strangely mysterious boy who saved Katniss’ life in during a time that she was at her lowest.  Katniss owes her and her family’s life to Peeta and Peeta has loved Katniss for years. Without actually meaning to, they both become challengers in the games. But if one of them is to win they must pick what matters most; their own life or the life of their counterpart. Written from the perspective of Katniss as she experiencing the arena, this spell binding tale of love, loss and ultimate sacrifice will have you ravenously reading to know more.