Randall hosts UIL meet

Saturday, Feb. 11, Randall will host an invitational UIL tournament on campus. Schools are welcome to come, although their presence is not mandatory and will not affect their eligibility to compete in academics at the district or higher levels. Events will be hosted in the 100 hallway, as well as the library. The tournament will begin at 8:30am with current events and number sense competitions, and will conclude with the mathematics contest beginning at 2:00pm. There will be no speech or computer science events held. Any student is welcome to perform as long as they have spoken with the event team leader who will sign them up for their preferred events. Many students will be allowed to compete, however only three will be chosen to go to district on March 24. This competition is great practice for students who aren’t sure what they are best suited to compete in. It’s also a great opportunity to sharpen up and begin preparing for the UIL season. For new UIL competitors, the tournament is an inside look of what to expect at the district, regional and even state contest. Each year the contest is a beneficial and exciting experience for student’s right here on campus.