Amarillo’s 4G service: Are you getting your money’s worth?

In order to keep up with each other, phone carrier companies are belting out what is advertised to be the lastet and greatest. The thing is, certain companies don’t have the most up to date connectivity or coverage when they throw their newest generation of phones into the market.  Most companies have to update their cell phone towers city by city which takes months.  Despite all the phones with 4G capabilities available, many phones are obtained from that ability.  Only cities with larger populations like Houston and Dallas have 4G powered reception from all phone carriers. Sprint’s Wimax and T-Moblie are the only 4G services that are available in Amarillo. The Panhandle doesn’t have a local tower for AT&T’s HSPA, Version’s LTE or other 4G providers.  People in the Panhandle who have bought a 4G phone might experience low battery life because their phone is constantly attaining signals that aren’t there.  Until the area’s 4G towers are upgraded, which Version’s 4G will be available sometime the first or second week in Oct, most cell phones will run smoother with 3G.