Filed under Technology & Apps

Hydrogen fuel cell car poses threat

The hydrogen fueled car has been a popular idea for many years, but now the idea has become a reality along with all the dangers it holds. A hydrogen fuel cell car is powered by liquid hydrogen, a very powerful and in some cases very dangerous. The benefits of hydrogen fuel is that it is a clean energy source. Instead of admitting exhaust like gasoline would, hydrogen powered cars release steam. Another benefit is that hydrogen is the most common molecule in the universe which would allow for a cheaper cost of fuel. Allow these benefits make hydrogen seem appealing there are also many dangers of using the fuel. Hydrogen is normally not a danger, however when put under the pressure necessary to convert the vapor to a liquid it becomes a combustive material. If hydrogen fuel cell cars are released into the public a gas tank has the potential of being a hydrogen bomb. Many International car companies including Hyundai, Toyota, and Honda are adopting the idea of a hydrogen cell car and have even released a prototype in California for test trials.